Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Turtle Transportation

While on our trip up north, David and I made a little detour through Richmond and spent some time scavenging thrift stores and looking for books. I found some really cool stuff, but I think I like some of his treasures best.

In one of the book stores, Richmond Book Shop, David found two Brownie books. Having been to the Geppi entertainment museum earlier this year, I have been exposed to Brownies and become fond of the illustrations of Palmer Cox. I had never seen a full story or looked through a book before. What a treat. They are so fun.

I found this drawing.
And was inspired to draw this one. I like it so much I am working on a 3d sketch. in order to work things out for a larger sculpture.
I will keep you updated on the progress.

No comments: